Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves the cranberry sauce. They used to buy the jellied canned variety until I introduced them to whole cranberry sauce. Now, it's a family tradition. I found this recipe in a book and I know there have been different variations of it, but this one is just right for me.
- In a sauce pan, gently boil orange juice, sugar and cinnamon stick until sugar melts down and becomes a syrup-like texture.
- Reduce slightly and add cranberries.
- Keep a slow boil until cranberries 'pop'.
- Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
- Slightly mash cranberries and chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with walnuts if desired just before serving.
This is great. The cinnamon really adds a little extra kick to the berries. We like ours a little more tart, so cut sugar to 2/3 cups, but will try with 1/2 cup next time. Loved the extra texture the walnuts gives this. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.