Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This simple casserole is so tasty and comforting that regardless of the holiday, my family could care less about the main dish as long as there is plenty of this casserole on the table. Originally found in a cookbook that was put together by a group of stay at home moms in New York in the 80's and only circulated among them, I'm so glad it made it's way into our family's tradition. It's certainly a keeper!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stack Ritz cracker, crushed
- Mix all but last 2 ingredients and place in 4 quart casserole dish.
- mix cracker crumbs with butter and spread across top of casserole.
- bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until casserole is bubbling, longer if made ahead and refrigerated.
- let stand 10 minutes before serving.