Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I make this every Thanksgiving. Absolutely wonderful. You can easily substitute frozen par cooked green beans and corn that are drained well. The water chestnuts add texture so don't leave them out. Always a family favorite!
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 11 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 25 -30 Ritz crackers, crushed (I use one sleeve)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam.
- Drain Beans, Corn And Water Chestnuts and layer in bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix soup,Sour Crwm and Onion.
- Spread mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinke Cheddar Cheese on top.
- Melt butter and mix with Crackers ( I usually do this in a Zip Lock bag).
- Spread Cracker mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
This is a nice combination of vegetables that goes together extremely quickly! I could not find white shoepeg corn, so had to use yellow instead, and I used whole wheat Ritz crackers but, other than that, I made this exactly as posted. The layering makes a nice presentation too. This would look (and taste) very nice on your holiday table! Made for My 3 Chefs - October 2013.