Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is a nice dessert for Christmas with its red & green fruit, but it can be enjoyed anytime of the year. I have made this using white chocolate or cheesecake instant pudding. Both equally good.
- 1 (16 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 3 -4 kiwi fruits, peel & sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Using (2) 9-inch round cake pans, bake cakes according to package directions; cool & cut 1 cake into 1-inch pieces; freeze other cake for future use.
- In a medium size bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water; stir.
- Add pudding mixes; beat until blended; Chill for 5 minutes.
- Fold whipped cream into pudding mix.
- In a trifle bowl, layer ingredients as follows: 2 cups pudding (spread, covering bottom of bowl), cake cubes (covering pudding), sprinkle with 1 tablespoons orange juice, top with 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup sliced kiwis.
- Repeat once again and top with pudding.
- Garnish with extra fruit and/or chocolate curls or sprinkle with cocoa powder.