I obtained this recipe from my mother so I'm not really sure where it originated. It has been a holiday tradition to make these cookies each year.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture with butter, sugar and egg. Mix well.
- Roll dough in to 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Use the end of a wooden spoon or use your thumb to press an indention in the middle of the dough. Add a small amount of jam or jelly.
- Bake at 375 for 8 - 10 minutes.