Recipe by lovestocook #4
I obtained this recipe from my mother so I'm not really sure where it originated. It has been a holiday tradition to make these cookies each year.
Top Review by Bobbiann
I found this recipe while searching for a recipe that used mint jelly and we love it! These cookies are easy to make and taste yummy. I used a cookie scoop instead of making balls and I got the same number of cookies. Also, I used crabapple jelly instead of raspberry jam. I think any red jam or jelly would work fine.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- raspberry jam
- mint jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture with butter, sugar and egg. Mix well.
- Roll dough in to 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Use the end of a wooden spoon or use your thumb to press an indention in the middle of the dough. Add a small amount of jam or jelly.
- Bake at 375 for 8 - 10 minutes.