Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great party mix for the holiday season or just for a alittle sweet snack. Found the recipe from meals.com Alittle different from most party mixes.
- 9 cups toasted corn cereal, squares
- 4 cups popped popcorn (already popped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry peanuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (soften)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups Nestle swirled holiday morsels
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package chocolate-covered pretzels (white or chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 250'.
- Lightly spray a large roasting pan with Pam cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, add corn cereal squares,popcorn, peanuts.
- Pour into prepared roasting pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine, brown sugar, margarine,and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over low-medium heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes.
- Let boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stir to coat well.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, stir to break apart mixture.
- Stir in hoilday morsels and pretzels.
- Store in a airtight container.
This stuff is awesome!! Had it around Christmas and saved the recipe for next year!!