Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 4 dozen cookies.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar and the morsels - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- HOLIDAY SWIRL COOKIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove morsels from jar and set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening until creamy in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients from jar; mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with vanilla extract using a fork; add to flour mixture.
- Gently stir in morsels.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.