Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Aldi's website.
Make and share this Holiday Sweet Potatoes and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 lbs jonathan apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- Steam potatoes in a covered steamer basket over boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In another saucepan, place the remaining 3 ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes until apples soften.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, drain and stir into apple mixture. Continue cooking over low heat several minutes, until flavors are combined.