Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice change to sweet potatoes for the holidays.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled,cooked and cut into chunks or 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange sweet potatoes and pineapple in a shallow 1-quart baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan combine marshmallow fluff and butter or margarine.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: To cook sweet potatoes quickly: arrange them on microwave-safe plate, cover with plastic wrap and cook on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.