Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Like candied sweet potatoes, made even more special for the holidays with prunes and apples. A Phunny Pharm phavorite for Thanksgiving.
- 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained (sometimes labeled as yams)
- 1⁄2 cup prune, cut up
- 2 apples, cored and chopped (we like to leave the peel on, but it's optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in oven-proof dish and gently stir together.
- Place in oven at 375 F.
- Stir several times during cooking to thoroughly mix sauce with sweet potatoes.
- Remove when bubbling.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.