Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
a new twist on an old favorite
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces small marshmallows
- 1 ounce cognac
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes in 2" pieces.
- Cover sweet potatoes w/water in saucepan; bring to low boil until just done; drain water and let stand uncovered.
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish.
- While potatoes were cooking you should have put the cream in a saucepan to med boil, reduce by a third stirring frequently at that time.
- Add the unpacked brown sugar and let low roll for another 3 minute; again stir freq.
- At that time add the cognac and vanilla and let roll for another 3 minutes.
- At that time remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In that 5 minute time span, spray the baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in the dish spreading evenly.
- Pour the cream mixture evenly over the potatoes scraping any excess with a spatula. Top with the marshmallows.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes depending on oven temp accuracy or until mallows are melted and lightly browned; let stand about 10 minutes and -- enjoy.