1/1 Photo of Holiday Supper Stuffing
1 hr 10 mins
Even though this casserole-dish stuffing is fantastic for days after the event, there are rarely any leftovers! It’s a brilliant blend of sweet, savoury, nutty and fresh flavours that’s a stunner on the holiday table.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces day-old sourdough bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 large loaf. You can leave the crust on if you like, we did)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 large celery ribs, with leaves, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (do not use garlic powder as it will scorch)
- 3/4 cup packed dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 400F degrees and butter a 4-qt casserole dish.
- 2Place bread cubes in a bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the leeks celery, and garlic until softened, about 7 minutes.
- 4Add fruit, pecans, poultry seasoning, rosemary, thyme and fennel seed. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the wine and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half.
- 6Pour into the bread mixture and add salt and pepper.
- 7Add parsley, and eggs, stir to combine.
- 8Add broth in two additions, stirring until absorbed after each addition. Season generously with salt and pepper and transfer stuffing to dish.
- 9Bake on middle rack until deep golden brown on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Supper Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g