1/1 Photo of Holiday Sunshine Yams
Baking Girl's Note:
My mom has been making this recipe my whole life...I'm almost 23. It is my favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that I'm older, I have been making it the past couple of years. It is absolutely delicious and the addition of peaches makes it one of a kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter.
- 2Add whole cranberry sauce to it and cook down.
- 3Let it cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add 1 tsp of cinnamon or to taste.
- 5Add 1/3 to ½ cup brown sugar.
- 6Drain 1/3 cup of peach syrup into another dish.
- 7Add 1 tbsp cornstarch to peach syrup and stir together.
- 8Add peaches to cranberry mixture.
- 9Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Drain and add yams to pan.
- 11Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Add peach syrup/cornstarch mixture into pan.
- 13Let it simmer until it thickens.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Sunshine Yams
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g