Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Melt in your mouth Sugar cookies, easy to make. Pretty for the Holidays.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mix all ingredients.
- Roll into small balls, roll the balls in sugar, flatten with glass dipped in granulated sugar or edge of meat tenderizer hammer dipped in sugar for different design.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes in 350°F oven or until pale golden.
- Watch closely, take cookies out when they start to brown.
I have made these countless times and am asked for the recipe lots of times too. I used extra large eggs so I put in five and a half cups of flour. I baked them at 350 for 12 minutes and the recipe made 75 cookies.
I made these and they were good straight out of the oven. I wish that they would have stayed softer.
Okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made these for Christmas for my husband,our daughter and her family and my son and daughter-in-law and their family. THESE WERE THE BEST COOKIE I HAVE EVER MADE AND THAT'S 45 YEARS OF BAKING. They only thing I did different was to chill the dough and place in clear wrap and roll into logs. Then I sliced them and dipped the slices into different kinds of sugars and jimmies.