Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a wonderful jello salad for your Christmas table. It looks very impresive unmolded onto a plate!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups strawberries
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in large bowl, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in cranberry juice and cold water.
- Chil until slightly thickened, but not set.
- Shape cream cheese into 18 balls, roll each in nuts.
- Sprinkle sugar over berries and mix gently.
- Pour 1/3 cup thickened Jell-o into a 6 cup ring mold.
- Arrange cheese balls evenly into gelatin.
- Spoon in sweetened berries over cheese balls and gelatin.
- Pour remaining thickened gelatin carefully over berries.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with strawberries.