4-H Mom's Note:
I found this recipe in a 2009 calendar, I will be making these today.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces assorted hard candies, unwrapped
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- flour, as needed
- red and green sugar candy sprinkles
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Seperate candy by color into zip lock plastic bags and close bags. Crush candies into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- 3Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Liberally flour surface and rolling pin. Place half of the cookie dough on work surface, and liberally flour the top of the dough, roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- 5Dip large holiday shaped cookie cutters in flour and cut out cookies. Place the cookies on the lined cookie sheet, approximately 1 inch apart. Gather dough scraps and refrigerate before rolling out again.
- 6Using small cookie cutters or a knife, cut out a small shape inside each cookie.
- 7Fill center cutout of each cookie with a single color of the crushed candies.
- 8Bake cookies until the candy center begins to bubble and the cookie edges are lightly browned, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and carefully sprinkle cookie edges with sugar sprinkles, if desired. Let cool on the baking sheet on a cooling rack. Once cookies are cooled, remove them from the lining.
- 10Repeat with reaming cookie dough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Stained Glass Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g