Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe in a 2009 calendar, I will be making these today.
Make and share this Holiday Stained Glass Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces assorted hard candies, unwrapped
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- flour, as needed
- red and green sugar candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Seperate candy by color into zip lock plastic bags and close bags. Crush candies into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Liberally flour surface and rolling pin. Place half of the cookie dough on work surface, and liberally flour the top of the dough, roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Dip large holiday shaped cookie cutters in flour and cut out cookies. Place the cookies on the lined cookie sheet, approximately 1 inch apart. Gather dough scraps and refrigerate before rolling out again.
- Using small cookie cutters or a knife, cut out a small shape inside each cookie.
- Fill center cutout of each cookie with a single color of the crushed candies.
- Bake cookies until the candy center begins to bubble and the cookie edges are lightly browned, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully sprinkle cookie edges with sugar sprinkles, if desired. Let cool on the baking sheet on a cooling rack. Once cookies are cooled, remove them from the lining.
- Repeat with reaming cookie dough.