Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Eversave.com's website and it was submitted by Charlotte Keul. Love the idea of spinach in the burger, a must try soon recipe.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Thaw spinach in microwave or by running under hot water in a colander for a few minutes. Squeeze as much excess water from the spinach as possible.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, hamburger, onion soup mix, and cheese. Shape into patties and grill or broil until done. Serve immediately.
These were awesome! I loved the flavors of the onion and spinach together. I left the frozen spinach box in the fridge overnight and it thawed out just fine. I think this could be made even more healthy with some ground turkey. I will make this again. Made and Reviewed for Please Review my Recipe Tag - Thanks :)
My husband really liked these. I, however, found out I don't like onion soup mix in my burgers. Sorry, just couldn't find the love! We both thought the spinach and cheese in the burgers was wonderful. Added some sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese on top. If you like onion soup burgers, I think you will really like these. I think I will fiddle around on my own and see if I can come up with some spices I will like better to go with the spinach. Husband rated them as 3.5 but I always round up. Thanks for the posting!