Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation of Giada De Laurentiis' recipe for spinach in her first cookbook. Her family makes it for holidays, but I like all the time. The original recipe calls for fresh spinach, but I use frozen. I love scooping some onto buttered, toasted ciabatta bread. YUM!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of all liquid
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, saute red pepper flakes, garlic and pine nuts in olive oil until they turn a light golden color.
- Add spinach and raisins and salt and cook until spinach is heated through.