Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this tea for the holidays because it's warm and spicy and clementines come in around this time of the year. After I've made my pot of tea, I leave the ginger, cloves and clementine peel in the kettle, add some more whole cloves, put in 2 more cups of water and let it simmer throughout the day to fill the house with a spicy aroma.
- Fill up tea kettle with enough water for a pot of tea.
- Peel clementine, put the shell into kettle. Reserve fruit for another time.
- Put crystalized ginger, white peppercorn, cardamom, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and whole cloves into water.
- Put kettle on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Put white and green tea bags into a tea pot. Pour spiced water over tea until pot almost full. Let steep for 5-6 minutes, or longer if you like your tea stronger.
- You could squeeze the juice from the clementine and add this to your tea aswell, for a little more flavor.