Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A staple for any holiday meal, this delicious recipe is best served with toasted bagel chips, specialty wafers, or grilled crusty bread.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages goat cheese (4 oz mini logs, approximately 4 x 1 1/2 -inch cylinder)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons almonds, diced small (Tamari)
- assorted bagel chips or wafers
- Allow the cheese to soften at room temperature. If not already in a cylindrical shape, place hte cheese in the center of a sheet of plastic wrap measuring 1/2 x 6 inches.
- Fold the plastic wrap to seal, and roll the cheese into a cylinder shape, approximately 1 x 1 1/2 in diameter.
- While the cylinder is firming, combine the fruits, crystallized ginger, parsley, ground ginger, and almonds.
- Remove the cheese from its wrapping, and completely coat the log with the fruit mixture leaving no bare spots visible. Place the coated log back into refrigerator until firm. Using a sharp knife, slice into thin madallions, and serve.