Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fragrant rub for the holidays. Use as a dry rub with poultry.
Make and share this Holiday Spice Rub for Poultry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Loosen skin on chicken or turkey and rub between skin and meat.
- Store in a tightly covered jar.
This gave a lovely flavor to chicken last night that really was reminiscent of the Christmas season. I used it on broiled chicken thighs and also put a rounded tsp of it in 1/2 a cup of brown rice and cooked them together, that was also quite tasty. With less salt I think this would be wonderful added to mashed carrots, winter squash and so on. I added more nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon and added 1 tsp of Splenda to balance the ginger that was a bit strong for me.