Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe. I've had it filed for years and hope to try it out this holiday season.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel fruit carefully, removing only the peel, not any of the white pith.
- Cut or tear into one inch pieces.
- Spread peel on paper towel lined pan.
- Place in preheated oven to 175.
- Dry in oven for 1 1/2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Peels should be leathery and/or slightly crunchy.
- Spread peels on dry paper towels and let air dry for 24 hours.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Fill jars with mixture, place lids on and screw bands on tightly.
- yield: 3 or 4 half pint jars.
- To use:
- Remove lid and leave band on for decoration to fragrance a room. OR put one Tblsp into a jar and fill jar with boiling water to release fragrance.