Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe in the Very Best Cooking Magazine. I'm posting it for safe keeping. UPDATE: These are a soft, delicious cookie!
Top Review by Densonios
The best snowball cookies ever! I made this recipe last year and I got compliments all across the board! These cookies are easy to make and delicious! I'm getting ready to make them again and I just needed a fresh print out! This recipe is a Nestle House recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups Nestle Toll House holiday shapes and morsels
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour; stir in Shapes & Morsels and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.