Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the www.bettycrocker.com website: "Love cinnamon and sugar? You'll want to try this easy version of a classic cinnamon and sugar cookie." Did You Know? Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Top Review by happynana
For the ease of the recipe it gets a 5 but for taste a 4. Homemade still rules but these fit in a pinch for a quick cookie recipe for my grandsons. Snickerdoodles is my oldest favorite. This recipe does not have the buttery taste of his favorite recipe but it is a good cookie. I baked mine for 9 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack.
- 1 (1 lb) bag sugar cookie mix, Betty Crocker brand
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- green decorating icing
- red decorating icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets. If desired, roll tops of warm cookies in additional sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Decorate as desired using icing.