Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This smoothie makes 4 servings and is perfect for overnight guests or family during the holidays. It's bright orange, banana and pineapple colors make for a cheerful presentation in tall stemmed glasses or parfaits. The juices must be frozen the night before so that is listed as cook time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- orange slice (to garnish)
- ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- Freeze 2 ice-cube trays, 1 with pineapple juice, and 1 with orange juice; in a blender, blend until smooth the yogurt, banana, honey and cinnamon; transfer to a measuring cup and set aside; rinse the blender jar.
- Blend remaining pineapple juice and pineapple ice cubes until smooth; divide among four glasses; top with the yogurt mixture and place in freezer.
- Blend the orange ice cubes and orange juice until smooth; top each glass with the orange slush; garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and an orange slice; serve immediately.