Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shortbread base, but has coconut cherries, nuts etc. with condensed milk. This is from The Country Register. I haven't tried it yet, but this paper always has the most delicious recipes, so I am trusting this one is too.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup candied pineapple, chunks cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in flour.
- Spread into 9x9-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minute.
- Combine other ingredients and spread over shortbread base.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.