Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are from "Argo Corn Starch". They sound so good!
- 1 1⁄3 cups argo cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 1⁄3 cups butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In medium bowl combine flour, corn starch and 2/3 Celsius of powdered sugar; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat 2 cups of butter until softened and smooth.
- Add flour mixture, 1 1/2 t.
- lemon peel and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- [Ifnecessary, refrigerate dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- ]Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- In a medium bowl beat together the remaining 1/3 Celsius butte and the remaining 1 t.
- lemon peel until butter is softened.
- Add remaining 4 Celsius powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add lemon juice and beat well.
- Decorate cookies with icing.
Aloha ~ In response to the Review posted on 10/25/08, I found the recipe at the Argo website; here's the link: http://www.argostarch.com/recipe_details.asp?id=378 I think I'll try it too!
This sounds like a great recipe, but it is not quite coherent. If the submitter sees this comment, please try to make the instructions more understandable. Thank You !!