Recipe by Jessica K
I got this from the Land o Lakes web site. This, of course, has it's roots from Scotland. It's soo easy and good. I can eat the whole pan myself! But I usually give it out as gifts during the holiday season, try it and see how good and easy it is!
Top Review by bajasbaby69
This recipe was extremely easy to make. I tried one piece by itself, and it was wonderful. I then melted chocolate chips with some orange flavoring, and drizzled it over the rest of the shortbread. YUM!! I will try a different pan next time, as I had a hard time getting the shortbread out without breaking it into pieces. Thank you for an awesome recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Press dough evenly into ungreased 9-inch round cake pan. This is important: Prick all over with fork. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cut into wedges.
- You can add different kinds of flavorings and mix in chopped nuts or chocolate chips if you want to, that makes them extra yummy!