1 hr 15 mins
- Carla -'s Note:
We always have a lot of people visiting during the holiday season and it's always nice to have a little something homemade on hand to offer. This bread is nice to give away as gifts during the holidays. Delicious plain, with butter or with cream cheese (<-- my personal favorite). Thank you mom for this recipe. :)
My Private Note
loaf or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda into large bowl and set aside.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons melted butter to 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 3Add beaten egg to orange mixture and add to dry ingredients.
- 4Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Stir in chopped nuts and cranberries.
- 6Turn into (greased and floured) 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8Let stand 24 hours before slicing.
- 9This recipe freezes very well - I usually wrap first in Saran Wrap, then wrap it in aluminum foil and then place in zip-lock bags - I generally take out of the freezer the night before serving, if possible.
- 10Delicious plain or with butter or cream cheese spread on it.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Season Cranberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 322.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g