A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is a sweet-n-spicy appetizer entitled "Holiday Sausage" due to the festive colors of red maraschino cherries and green peppers. It is to be served with tooth picks, so your guests can spear a different flavor combination in each bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, links
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 10 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice for later)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from canned pineapple chunks)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1Cut sausage links into quarters (1 1/2-inch pieces) and brown lightly in a skillet.
- 2Mix brown sugar, salt and cornstarch in a chafing dish.
- 3Stir in vinegar, pineapple juice and water.
- 4Boil for five minutes.
- 5Add remaining ingredients.
- 6Serve hot from chafing dish.
- 7Have guests spear chunks with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 669.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: