Recipe by neglectedfarms
This has become our Christmas salad- I fill a huge pasta bowl and it is eaten down to the last leaf!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup coarsly chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 ripe pears or 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 ounces gorgonzola, in chunks
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saute pan, melt butter and add cayenne, cinnamon, honey and salt.
- Mix together and add nuts. Cook over medium heat until nuts are lightly roasted.
- Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally to keep nuts from sticking together. (Can be made a day or two in advance.).
- In a large bowl, mix greens, fruit, onion, cheese, and nuts.
- Toss with Cranberry Salad Dressing (posted recipe) prior to serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds if desired.
- Everyday version: toasted walnuts, any choice of greens, red onion, Gorgonzola cheese, Cranberry Salad Dressing.