Chef #750419's Note:
This has become our Christmas salad- I fill a huge pasta bowl and it is eaten down to the last leaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 cup coarsly chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 ripe pears or 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 ounces gorgonzola, in chunks
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1In a small saute pan, melt butter and add cayenne, cinnamon, honey and salt.
- 2Mix together and add nuts. Cook over medium heat until nuts are lightly roasted.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally to keep nuts from sticking together. (Can be made a day or two in advance.).
- 4In a large bowl, mix greens, fruit, onion, cheese, and nuts.
- 5Toss with Cranberry Salad Dressing (posted recipe) prior to serving.
- 6Garnish with pomegranate seeds if desired.
- 7Everyday version: toasted walnuts, any choice of greens, red onion, Gorgonzola cheese, Cranberry Salad Dressing.
Browse Our Top Pacific Northwest Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Salad
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: