Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
delicious cake - a nice alternative to fruitcake.
Make and share this Holiday Rum & Raisin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine raisins and rum; cover and stand until rum is absorbed.
- Stir together: flour, baking powder, salt. Blend butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down sides often.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternatly with cream.
- Stir in raisins and turn into baking pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake: 12 cup bundt pan – 70 to 80 minutes; or 2-6 cup bundt pan – 40 to 45 minutes.
- This cake gets very brown on top. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Brush with Rum & Butter Glaze.
- Allow cake to absorb and repeat until glaze is used up.
- GLAZE: Melt ½ cup butter in saucepan; add 1 cup sugar and ¼ cup water.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup rum. Cool slightly.
I made this recipe every year for Christmas- many times with a mixture of different dried fruit. I normally keep a container of assorted dried fruit and candied ginger soaking in rum so I don't have to wait for the fruit to macerate when I'm ready to make the cake. It's much yummier than fruit cake. We even gave slices of this cake as a wedding favor at our wedding.
Wonderful cake, especially if you like rum and my husband does. Keeps very well and can be frozen for a long time. Highly recommend this recipe any time of the year.
This was a wonderful cake!! I am going to make it for Thanksgiving.