Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bake several of these at Holiday time to wrap as gifts. Make my Rum Bath (see recipe I posted) to use as a dipping sauce for this bread!
- 1 cup luke water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Success Hints: For a real treat, also prepare Rum Bath for dipping (see recipe I posted).
- This recipe can be made using regualr and rapid bake cycles.
I used my bread machine. This was a wonderful breakfast bread and great with a cup of tea later.
I made this on my Kitchen Aid mixer but I did adjust some ingredients, I increased the yeast to 1 tablespoon, also I just used 1 tablespoon rum extract and omitted the dark rum as I did not have any, I also increased the salt to 2 teaspoons, and incresed the butter slightly, the bread baked out lovely with a wonderful hint of rum taste, I am going to make this again soon using dark rum, thanks for posting this hon!...Kitten:)