Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the perfect bread recipe to bake for Christmas! No more fruitcake! lol. 8)
Make and share this Holiday Rum Eggnog Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease only the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan (or three 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 inch loaf pans). In a large bow beat the eggs.
- Blend in sugar, eggnog, butter, rum extract and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- Mix into the eggnog mixture; stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into pan(s).
- If baking bread in large pan, bake 40-60 minutes, or until a tester in the center comes out clean.
- If baking the breads in the smaller pans, bake 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool breads completely, then wrap tightly. Keep in the refrigerator.
this was good, but I guess I was expecting more flavor, based on the other reviews. The instructions never did say WHEN to add the eggs, but as long as they get in the batter, I guess it does not matter. I found this bread to be somewhat bland, and think it needs more rum extract, or perhaps the real thing!!! I also added dried cherries, which made it look festive, and did add a little more flavor. I will be making it again, only adding my own "twists" to it.
I made this Sunday because I was in the Christmas spirit..I would increase the nutmeg a bit next time but overall, a yummy bread that gets better with sitting in the fridge..
Lovely bread with great flavor. I added some pecans, plumped raisins, and dried cherries, and upped the nutmeg a bit too. I'm making another loaf tonight!