Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe for the Holiday season - so enjoyable -
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Blend dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup rum, oil and eggs for 2 minutes. Spray a bundt or tube pan with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake in preheated 325F oven for an hour.
- Prepare hot sauce just before the cake is finished baking. In heavy frying pan, heat 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup rum, butter and raisins. While stirring, boil mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven., While in pan, slowly pour sauce over cake and let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes, before flipping onto cake plate.