Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderfully different rice crispy treat. These are great to make with kids and wrap them in holiday saran wrap for a wonderful stocking stuffer. Amount yielded depends on size of shapes cut.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 80 large marshmallows
- 10 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1⁄3 cups toffee pieces
- wooden skewers or craft stick
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Place butter in a very large mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat with butter.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in cereal and toffee chips until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to a foil-lined and buttered 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with sides.
- With buttered hands or spatula, press mixture evenly into pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Remove cereal mixture from pan and peel off foil.
- Cut with assorted holiday cookie cutters.
- Insert skewer into each shape.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
- Variation: Stir 1/3 cup peanut butter into marshmallow mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Proceed as above.
These were delicious! I made the original recipe first and then the variation using the peanut butter. Both were excellent. Thanks!