Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I cut this out of a tast of home magazine. Layers of red and green make this a great holiday dish. Kids find it fun to eat and adults will love the combination of sweet/tart flavors. I have taken it to quite a few family holiday celebratons and I always take home an empty dish. Cooking time is the over night chill in fridge and the time for the lime layer to gel in fridge.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl dissolve the lime jello in 2 c boiling water.
- Add 2 c cold water and stir well making sure it gets all dissolved.
- Pour into 13x9 and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine lemon jello with 1 c boiling water.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Gradually beat in lemon jello mixture.
- Stir in piniapple.
- Carefully spoon over lime layer.
- Chill until set.
- Dissolve cherry jello in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add the remaining cold water.
- Spoon over the lemon layer.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Cut into squares.