Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A holiday classic minus the rum. They are so yummy, you will not miss it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup raisins (1/4 box)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine water and raisins in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Spray 8 inch square baking dish with 'bakers spray'. (Non-stick spray with flour in it).
- Combine all dry ingredients except for sugar. Set aside.
- With hand-held mixer beat sugar and room temperature butter until creamed. Slowly add, in 3 batches, the dry mixture. Fold in cooled raisins.
- Pat dough into baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes or until sides are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into bars. They are very yummy eaten warm.