Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A classic sauce for ham or pork. I have even used it as a glaze for corned beef on the BBQ! It's very versatile.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (real)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix the brown sugar, mustard and cornstarch together in a small saucepan. Slowly stir in the cider vinegar.
- Add the grated lemon rind, lemon juice, water, raisins and butter, and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Note: I don't know how many this serves, so if you know, please post.