Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This can be eaten anytime, hot or cold. Cream cheese gives it a special flavor.
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 ham steak, thick
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bake pie crust in 450 degree oven for 5 minutes Remove and set aside.
- Put oil in skillet on medium heat, and saute onions, pepper & mushrooms for 5 minutes Remove & set aside.
- Sear ham slice on both sides, remove, trim off skin & dice.
- Steam broccoli florets until crisp tender, then roughly chop.
- Mix onions, pepper, mushrooms, ham & broccoli together. Add cheddar cheese to mixture.
- Place mixture on bottom of pie crust. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, milk, marjoram, salt & pepper in blender. Beat until smooth.
- Pour on top of mixture in pie shell.
- Place in 375 degree oven approximately 35 mins., or until inserted knife comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Let quiche rest 20-30 minutes before serving.