This is a comfort drink that gives your Home a Beautiful Aroma. Full of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger & cardamom. Like fruity Chai. I favor the Apple Schnapp or Buttershots if you opt for booze. You can always make it without the booze and let those that want it add it themselves. It would be fun to try the different kinds.
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 3 water
- 6 -12 whole cloves, studded into
- 1 fresh orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg, grated
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 pieces crystallized ginger, chunks (Check out my recipe for it # 102933)
- 3 cups apple Schnapps or 1 cup butterscotch schnapps or 1 cup rum or 1 cup spiced rum
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot except for the booze.
- Heat on high for 2 hours, then keep warm on low.
- Just before serving add booze if you want.
- Adding water if needed.
- Happy Holidays!