Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
My mom gave me a little recipe booklet that came with her NONE SUCH Mincemeat. This is one of the recipes that sounds good to me...Mom said that these taste better after being refrigerated overnight. She wanted me to let everybody know!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, make sure that it's cold (or you can use margarine)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (27 ounce) jar mincemeat (NONE SUCH Ready-to-use Mincemeat, regular or brandy & rum)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, equal to 2 cups
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture, press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon mincemeat over crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for the reserved crumb mixture; mix well. Pour oven the mincemeat. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes; reduce oven to 350 degrees F and bake 40 minutes longer or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature and refrigerate any leftovers.