My recipe for a premium pumpkin pie spice blend with 9 warming, aromatic spices.
Make and share this Holiday Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon (Ceylon or Saigon)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger (premium quality)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg (fresh grated is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice (fresh ground is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (fresh ground is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean (Madagascar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom (premium quality)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace (fresh ground is best)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried orange zest (Valencia)
- NOTE: USE ONLY CEYLON OR SAIGON CINNAMON. SNIP VANILLA BEANS INTO SMALL PIECES BEFORE GRINDING, THEN GRIND AS FINELY AS POSSIBLE IN A CLEAN SPICE MILL OR COFFEE GRINDER, PAUSING TO SCRAPE GRINDER BIN. (STEP 1): PRE-GRIND all ingredients (except orange zest), separately in a clean spice mill or coffee grinder before using.
- MEASURE level units of all spices into spice mill.
- PROCESS mixture until finely ground and aromatic.
- FUNNEL mixture into an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.
- USE measure-for-measure in your favorite pumpkin pie spice recipes and enjoy.
When I saw that the three main ingredients of Holiday Pumpkin Pie Spice are cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, which are my favorite "sweet" spice trio, I immediately knew that this spice blend was going to create the wonderful aromas and tastes of the holidays. For those who have not cooked with cardamom, the exotic spice perfectly compliments the other flavors without dominating the dessert. I love the unexpected addition of orange peel which provides a subtly fresh flavor without tasting citrusy. This nine-spice mixture is a must for Holiday Pumpkin Pie, a superb pumpkin pie recipe. Thank you, Spice Guru, for a homemade spice combination that awakens the holiday spirit within!