Recipe by Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen
My son starts asking for this pumpkin bread before Thanksgiving. I make 2 or 3 batches every week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Closer to Christmas I make tons for friends, neighbors and my hubbys golf buddys!!! This is probably my favorite thing to make for the Christmas holidays. Tie it with red and green ribbon and it makes a sweet gift.
Top Review by Katzen
Lovely pumkin bread! I made this in a bundt pan, and sprinkled it with icing sugar - gorgeous! I doubled the cinnamon and cut back the cloves a little bit (used about 2/3 tsp.) It is out of this world delicious with the spices. Thanks so much for sharing this special recipe, Carol! Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Mix in pumpkin and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and spices.
- Blend with the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the pecans.
- Grease and lightly flour 3 (8.4 x 4.4) loaf pans. (I use reusable aluminum pans).
- Spoon in the batter and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Check doneness with toothpick. Do not overcook!
- Remove from pan, wrap and seal with plastic wrap while hot.