Recipe by Wildflour
I haven't tried these yet, but putting this here for safe keeping! They sound incredible!!*If you make them before I do, let me know how they turn out and if there are changes needed to be made. :)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together everything but the oil of course, and chill for 1 hour for easier handling.
- Cut dough into fourths.
- Knead 1 portion, and break into 4-6 parts.
- Pat or roll each into a thin cake/disk.
- Repeat with all remaining dough.
- Slide cakes carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides turning only once.
- The bread will puff up and get very crisp.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar, or serve with butter and maple syrup.