Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
I honestly have no idea where I got this recipe. It's been hanging out in my recipe box as long as I've been doing holiday baking and I make it every year to put in my gift baskets at Christmas. It's always a huge hit and it's a little lower cal than most pumpkin breads. Oh . . . and it's milk free for those with milk allergies! Hope you like it as much as we do!
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml pumpkin
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 59.14 ml water
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml allspice
- walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and soda.
- Mix the pumpkin, olive oil, eggs, water, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.
- Combine the two mixes (not to thoroughly).
- Stir in walnuts* (*Optional and should be chopped).
- Pour batter into well buttered pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn out of pan and let cool on rack.
This was really terrific pumpkin bread that was gently spiced. I was unsure as to what size loaf pan to use, and opted for 8x4-inches. The bread came out really high and took about 65 minutes to bake, so I would image a 9-inch pan would be more appropriate. I did add chopped walnuts, and the end result was a tasty fall treat! Made for My 3 Chefs October 2013.