Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
These go together super fast and are great to take to a cookie exchange or Christmas party. They do require time to cool.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag small pretzels (I prefer the square shape)
- 2 (14 ounce) bags Hershey's Hugs chocolates
- 1 (13 ounce) bag M&M's plain chocolate candy (Christmas colors)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, place pretzels on a baking sheet. Unwrap hugs and place one on top of each pretzel. Place in oven for about 3-5 minutes--Watch carefully!--the shape of the hugs candy should remain but it should be soft when you press on it.
- Remove from oven and immediately press one M and M candy on top of the hug, pushing down to spread out the chocolate. It leaves a lovely swirl pattern and the red and green candies on top are very festive. That's it! Just chill and store in a tin. These are so very addicting. Enjoy!
This was my favorite treat of this past Christmas! I made them for a bake sale baggie at work and they were so cute and festive. They're so quick from start to finish and are just delicious to snack on! I agree with everyone in saying that it's a good idea to bake the hugs-topped pretzels and kisses-topped pretzels on different baking sheets to allow for the time adjustment (the white chocolate melts faster). I really like that these can easily be made festive for other holidays as well, simply by changing the M&M color too! :)
I'm getting ready to make these now. have made several times. use a lower oven temp. about 170 to 200 degrees. I use chocolate kisses and take out when they are shiny looking. I use the holiday plain M&M's
Easy. 3 minutes way too much time for my oven. A nice addition when in a hurry. Thanks.