Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a mashed mixed potato casserole. It's rich and creamy. Great for your holiday dinners, but make it anytime! Don't let the goat cheese scare you off. It;s only 2 oz so it's not too strong.
Top Review by Outta Here
A really nice change from plain mashed or plain sweet potatoes. We really love goat cheese, so next time I am going to leave out half of the cream cheese and add more goat cheese. Nice texture with the egg cooked in. Very fluffy and colorful. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 2 lbs white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb yam, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 3-qt casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cook the potatoes, yams and onion in boiling salted until tender; drain.
- Return the drained cooked potato mixture to the pot off of heat.
- Add cream cheese, goat cheese, butter, and milk. Mash well with a potato masher until fluffy.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.