Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, creamy, different potatoes. A touch of southern cuisine. Prep time includes boiling the potatoes
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled &,quartered
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento, drained
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender; drain and mash.
- Add butter and cream cheese; beat at medium speed with and electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and next 6 ingredients; spoon into lightly buttered 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until thoughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- You may prepare the night before.
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. It was very tasty and making ahead worked like a charm. Next time, however, I will eliminate the cream cheese and cut down on butter, and add a bit of chicken broth. I found it very rich. Don't get me wrong - we had clean plates with this one!
I have this same recipe in a church cookbook and we love it too! I was going to post it, but I see you've already taken care of that -- thanks!