Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Just like the famous cake in cupcake form!
Top Review by ~Leslie~
This is a terrific recipe! Very easy to make and quite pretty too. My 8 year old loved these, as did all of her friends at her class Christmas Party. The adults loved these too, and they all disappeared quickly. I made 1/2 with cherry jello and 1/2 with lime jello to go with the Holiday theme. The red ones turned out much nicer than the green ones did though. The green ones just sort of looked....well.....GREEN. The red ones showed the stripes much nicer. We decorated ours with gummy wreaths and we were very pleased with the result. Really tasty! Thanks for posting :)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package4 serving size cherry gelatin (or any red flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- red food coloring or green food coloring
- colored crystal sugar
- colored sprinkles
- crushed candy cane
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE batter according to package directtions with the eggs, water and oil; bake as directed for cupcakes. (You can also use a white cake mix for this recipe.).
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. Pierce tops with fork.
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix until dissolved; spoon over cupcakes.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove from pans.
- TINT whipped topping with food coloring; spread over cupcakes. Decorate as desired.
- Store in refrigerator.