Just like the famous cake in cupcake form!
Make and share this Holiday Poke Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package4 serving size cherry gelatin (or any red flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- red food coloring or green food coloring
- colored crystal sugar
- colored sprinkles
- crushed candy cane
- PREPARE batter according to package directtions with the eggs, water and oil; bake as directed for cupcakes. (You can also use a white cake mix for this recipe.).
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. Pierce tops with fork.
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix until dissolved; spoon over cupcakes.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove from pans.
- TINT whipped topping with food coloring; spread over cupcakes. Decorate as desired.
- Store in refrigerator.